1. Context and Vision
At Zahyan Technologies, our mission statement reads “We engineer meaningful technology solutions to help businesses and societies flourish”. We engage with society beyond business as we believe a good business needs to create higher impact in building a better future for communities around the globe. This policy defines our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) objectives and programs undertaken by Zahyan Technologies to fulfill its obligations as a responsible corporate citizen to achieve its mission.
2. Objectives and Approach
2.1. Zahyan Technologies will focus on CSR initiatives that promote the areas identified in this policy. Programs which further these objectives will be undertaken globally wherever Zahyan Technologies is present, with special attention on areas surrounding Zahyan Technologie’s facilities. Mindtree will implement the chosen programs via three channels:
- a) Directly by Zahyan Technologies
- b) Through Zahyan Technologies Foundation
- c) Through “Individual Social Responsibility” programs undertaken by Zahyan Technologies Tech and supported by Zahyan Technologies as appropriate
2.2. While selecting agencies (including NGOs or other forms of organizations) with whom we will partner for such programs, the following criteria will be applied:
- a) The agency or key leadership team members (trustees, founders etc.) of the agency should not display overt political or religious affiliations/ support political or religious causes;
- b) The beneficiaries of the chosen programs should not be selected on the basis of any political, religious, or other similar criteria, but solely based on their needs or more objective selection criteria. However, we will participate in programs benefitting women; and
- c) The agency should maintain proper books of accounts and follow suitable governance and regulatory requirements such as independent audit, statutory filings, tax payments etc., as applicable.
2.3. While undertaking such programs, Zahyan Technologies’s primary focus will be to serve a valuable social cause and not seek profile raising publicity. Zahyan Technologies will encourage the media or other forms of coverage only if such publicity helps generate greater public interest in the cause or motivates other individuals / organizations to contribute toward the cause.
3. Focus Areas
Zahyan Technologies’s CSR will primarily focus on programs that:
- – Benefit the differently-abled;
- – Promote education; and
- – Create sustainable livelihood opportunities.
However, the CSR Steering Committee (defined below) may take up initiatives outside this scope based on specific circumstances (such programs should not exceed 10% of the value of all programs taken up in that financial year unless approved by the CSR Committee of the Board).
4. Governance of the CSR initiatives
Zahyan Technologies will have a two-tier governance structure to oversee the CSR initiatives.
5. Funding, Selection and Monitoring Process
The CSR Committee will receive requests for funding of programs and initiatives on a continuous basis. Members of the CSR Committee or CSR Steering Committee will evaluate, approve and monitor the initiatives based on a detailed quantitative and qualitative impact analysis similar to business cases.
6. Effective Data
This policy is effective from 19 June 2013.
For questions and clarifications, please contact: